MENTEE EXPECTATIONS AND GUIDELINES:
- Be a current Cal State L.A. student or current Cal State L.A. Alumni Association member
- Complete and submit the Mentee Application
- Schedule and complete the mentee interview
- Complete and sign the Consent Form
MENTEE BASELINE GROUND RULES:
- Prepare in advance for all interactions with your mentor
- Take responsibility for initiating contact and continuing to contact your mentor several times over the course of the next few months or longer
- Follow through on all commitments made particularly with respect to the scheduling and length of mentoring sessions
- The focus of this program is professional development, not obtaining a job
FOR MENTOR AND MENTEE:
- Treat all information exchanged as confidential unless both parties agree it can be disclosed to others.
The Cal State L.A. Mentoring Program is not a job search, resume posting, job board, or personal dating service. This program will in no way, form, or manner try to
replace the existing services provided to alumni and students by the University Career Development Center.
Cal State L.A. alumni and students who sign up to participate in the Mentoring Program will be required to honor the criteria listed above and the regulations found in the Cal State L.A. Mentoring Manual.
criteria listed above or the guidelines found in the Mentoring Manual will result in forfeiting future access and participation on the Mentoring Program without an explanation.